Monday, November 19, 2007

Yes, We Have a Daughter/Sister

We arrived at an office building yesterday morning and PanSuo was already there with staff from her orphanage. It was snowing in her village, so they were anxious to return before the weather got bad. We did some paperwork with them and they headed out. She is obviously attached to Mrs. Pan! PanSuo had no interest in any of us, but after a royal tantrum (SHE IS STRONG!) we got into the van and headed back to the hotel. Ken and Bryant went to Walmart (three stories of stuff) with John (our guide) and got some milk for her (Snicker bars plus Pepsi for us). Alex and I waited in the room with PanSuo. The tantrum was over.

It snowed here most of the day. We have some great photos! It did finally stop late afternoon - snowball fights and snowmen along the busy streets. There are over 7 million people in Shenyang. Some stores had five or six people shoveling snow away from their fronts. Everyone works hard, that's for sure!

We had another good lunch (at about 3pm) and then, returned to the hotel. She ended up giggling with the boys and Ken long before our day was over, but freaks out when I leave her side. She said something to Alex when he returned to the room and she says "ow" to Bryant about the alligator teeth. Our first night of sleep went well, but she thrashes around worse than anyone else I know. No wonder the nannies said that she sleeps in a big bed alone. She was not a very good sleeping buddy! I often had her feet in my face. She also likes to dangle them to touch to the floor.... What a deal!

Today (Tuesday), we will go do more paperwork and visit her orphanage in Panjin. It will be a long, long day for all five of us. Wish us well as this is where the i's must be dotted and the t's crossed just write or it will get us into a snag later in Guangzhou. We will post photos later today of our daughter and the recent adventures.


All Our Love,
Ken, Michelle, Bryant, Alex, and ElleAnna (PanSuo)

3 comments:

Jason said...

Mr. Dibble just wishing I could be there with you. I love some of the pictures of the attractions. Even though I have seen and showed some like them to my world history class before, it is not the same as knowing who took the picture and being able to tell a story about it. E looks cute and Gracie and Parker say hi, too. I could not get on at school and my regular computer crashed so I have been computerless for a few days.

Later

Jason said...

Mr. Dibble just wishing I could be there with you. I love some of the pictures of the attractions. Even though I have seen and showed some like them to my world history class before, it is not the same as knowing who took the picture and being able to tell a story about it. E looks cute and Gracie and Parker say hi, too. I could not get on at school and my regular computer crashed so I have been computerless for a few days.

Later

kathy said...

We are so excited for you and your family! We pray you have a safe trip and no more snags.
We are looking forward to meeting our new neice and cousin!
(Elizabeth and Elle can take naps together, Liz tosses and turns also!)
Love, Kathy, Carl and kids