Friday, November 16, 2007

Touring Beijing

WOW - I don't know what else to type.  We saw so many amazing, historical things today.... I am not able to access my blog the traditional way, so am using a "back door".  I will add six pictures, but I am not certain if they will appear on the blog or not.  If someone reading this wants to e-mail me, please do.  Let me know one way or the other if the photos showed up as I cannot get into the website at all to see on my own.

Anyway, we saw The Forbidden City, The Summer Palace, TianAnMen Square, and went to a silk factory.  We also went to a shopping center with story after story of shops - with everyone trying to convince you to buy their items.  What a wild place!  We are getting used to the "squatty potties" and have enjoyed wonderful food.  Tonight, we went to Starbucks, but they had no white chocolate mocha, so we had to drink hot cocoa instead.
Everyone is tired now, so we'll be calling it a night shortly - its 7:45pm on Friday here. 

Tomorrow, we meet in the lobby at 8:30am to go to The Great Wall, two factories, and who knows what else.  There are five other families with us.  Starting early Sunday morning, we will all begin heading out to our individual provinces to pick up our children.  Late next week, we will all meet again in Guangzhou for a "reunion".  We will finalize our adoption paperwork there with the U.S. Government and then, about mid week, we will all return to our homes.  

Again, thank you for your prayers.  The weather has been beautiful.  Everyone is feeling good.  We are anxious to get ElleAnna on Monday.  We will keep you posted on our progress!

 

Michelle

No comments: