Friday, December 28, 2007

Returned to Work

Yesterday, I went back to work for the first time post-Elle. It was not hard in that I was totally comfortable with her being around Ken and the boys (they are on Christmas Break until January 7). She did go visit Judy again yesterday for a while. Alex stayed at the house with her, but HE SAYS (understand that he was playing his Nintendo DS at the time and you've seen photos here of how hard he concentrates on it) that she did fine. When I got home, Ken was in the shed outside. As I pulled into the driveway, I could hear her screaming - and she was in the house. Bryant and Alex had her so excited and hyped up that she was bouncing off the walls. When I went inside, the boys act like its no big deal and they had nothing to do with it....

She was so fun last night though. We read books, danced around, sang songs, looked at photo albums, and had a good time. She does well in the bathtub most of the time now and last night, not a single tear was shed - even while we were washing her hair. She loves her new slippers and especially enjoys hopping around when she has them on. Usually, when we look at a book, she has to be prompted about what the animals are and what sound they make. Last night, she told me that it was a kitty and then, when I asked her what a kitty said, she "meowed" on her own. She was even pointing at people in the room when I would ask where someone was. It was neat and exciting to see!

Today, however, is a little different story. I am concerned about how the morning will go for her. Ken went to my folks to help them and I went to work. Elle is at the house with the two boys. We banned them from the computer, PlayStation and Nintendo DS because they WON'T pay any attention to Elle if they are doing those things. We told them that the only movies allowed today were hers. Bryant has a basketball game this afternoon, so Ken will be home by lunch time. Hopefully, they can all manage a few hours together without any major problems. I think that I am ready for her to become a tattle tale though so that I know the truth about what Bryant and Alex are up to when we aren't around :-).

Watch out world!

No comments: