Saturday, December 8, 2007

December 7 and 8

Well, its Saturday - COLD AND SNOWY. A good day to stay inside and do online Christmas shopping, especially when you are a Scrooge like me! Actually, I spend less online because I don't buy other things that aren't Christmas gifts. Yesterday, I went into Target to buy presents and made a good dent in my list, but, I also bought new Christmas linens and other things that probably weren't necessary.

Ken's doctor was pleased yesterday with how well his arm is looking. He was concerned about the rash and total exhaustion that Ken was experiencing though, so he took him off two of the medications. Ken can already feel a difference, but its going to be a long haul before he is back to normal (whatever that is for Ken, ha ha) again. Ken did briefly have a twinkle in his eyes this morning, so that was a good sign.

Elle and the boys (sounds like a rock band) are putting up the tree. They are counting and practicing please/thank you as they do. Always good to work learning in with tasks :-). She was hiding on Grampa's lap last night as the boys terrorized her with a noisy toy. She even wanted Grampa to take her home and waved good-bye to the rest of us. She talked to him on the phone this morning too. I imagine we have made his day! The boys want to take her sledding this afternoon, but I'm not sure she is ready for that kind of excitement!

Well, here is wishing you a good afternoon, somewhere warm!

No comments: