Friday, March 26, 2010

American Girl Store - March 20th







A very sad little girl....


















This is something you must see to really believe. Hair salons where the dolls and the little girls get their hair done the same way. Restaurants with dolly booster seats, tiny plates, and miniature foods. A hospital where dolls can be "mended". What an amazing place, but it shows that not all of our nation is in a recession. There were families walking out with several dolls and multiple outfits being purchased without the blink of an eye. Literally, $400 being dropped at a time without the blink of an eye - one customer after another.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

It also shows how completely messed up the values of our people are...people spend hundreds of dollars on dolls when all around the world there are children starving for whom those hundreds would men several years of better life.

That said...I've been to the store at MOA and my girls have dolls and I've seen all that you mention because my MIL insists that my girls need this.

It turns my stomach every time we drop money in her name for the girl's dolls and spend more on doll clothes than we do on the girls' clothes and when I think of our two little Compassion girls or girls that are be trafficked for sex...I wonder what is wrong with us...