Saturday, September 27, 2008

She's Still a Queen to Us

Crazy kids outside before the game began - Conlee, Alex, and Elle.

Conlee, Alex, and Elle with Julie. Grinning cousins!

My sister, Ranelle, and Julie - Julie was the flower girl in Ranelle's wedding. Seems like only yesterday sometimes!

Julie and Granny before the game.


Amy and me - she was the flowergirl when Ken and I got married over twenty years ago. Talk about making me feel old! She and Julie are sisters.


Conlee and Elle giving the mascot high fives before the game began. It amazes me that she isn't afraid of these costumed creatures at all, and never has been. Knock on wood, she never starts!


See how lovely the weather was - and the band was awesome!

Julie, the always gracious, smiling sweetheart. This is her with the homecoming king. I guess I live under a rock, but I always thought you voted in "pairs" for a couple and not for individuals. This young man is who she was running with. He got king, but Julie didn't make queen... booo!
.
.
.
Julie didn't win as homecoming today, but she's still royalty to us - a Princess for sure if you ask Conlee :-). It was a good time for our family with a remarkable turn out for Julie's cheering section. Elle got a haircut earlier in the day, but her jet black hair is a sauna in the sunshine, so she SWEAT horribly. When we first sat down, she yelled "Go Big Green" and immediately started looking for "6-0" on the sidelines. Oh well, she still had fun even though it wasn't about watching Bryant play! Elle says thank you, Gary, for all the yummy popcorn and fun balloon games!
.

2 comments:

Vanessa {Bloom Right Here!} said...

I haven't seen Julie in ages. Oh, my is she beautiful! Too bad she didn't win.

Melissa said...

Oh - it is fun to see some of these familiar faces!!