Sunday, February 21, 2010

My Withdrawals

Yes, I gave up Facebook for Lent. Can you believe it? Me - who plays FarmTown, FarmVille, CafeWorld, and Island Paradise faithfully? I won't know what's going on in any of my friends or family's lives without reading their status lines. The invitations to parties and other gatherings will be lost to the dark as I won't get them without Facebook mail. I will be clueless about my own children's girlfriend situations if I cannot see their relationship status. But, you know what, life will go on. I intend to use the time to focus more on communicating in REAL LIFE with my kids and family. I hope to get some tasks crossed off my to do list that have been there far to long. My calendar will lack events such as "harvest yellow melons" or "serve strawberry cheesecake", but that will be ok. God gave His son for me, I can surely give up Facebook for a few weeks.

No comments: