Thursday, June 4, 2009

Memorial Day 2009

.
..
.
.
Memorial Day is always a big holiday at our house. Ken is the Commander of our local American Legion, so we spend a lot of time getting prepared, putting out flags and markers at each Veteran's grave, etc. He and his group do at least five cemetery services each Memorial Day - honoring those who served our country.
.
Here our some photos of our patriotic family - including Elle covering her ears during the gun salute. The gravestone the kids are sitting in front of is my Grampa's marker. Its a beautiful photo of our family's farm etched in the rich, black stone. Its an amazing tribute that has meant so much to so many people. He would have been proud too! I wish that he'd have been able to meet my children and my sister's kids. They all would have loved him as much as Ranelle and I did (and still do). Someday.... someday....
.

No comments: