Monday, March 3, 2008

Monday, March 3

Well, another month has whizzed past and now, its March. This is the month of back-to-back birthdays in our family. My dad, ElleAnna, my brother-in-law (Chris), and my mom will all celebrate getting a year older this month - plus about a million other folks on my calendar but those are the first four I can recall.

Elle flunked her second hearing test last week, so we are waiting for our pediatrician to refer us to a local ENT to begin the process of getting tubes put in her ears. The cleft team has assured us that this is not uncommon for children with cleft lip/palate. She has probably had chronic ear infections and fluid to the point that its not really uncomfortable to her. She does not know life to be any different. We hope that they can get the process going and the tubes will provide relief as well as a hearing improvement.

Friday, I will take her with me to the Social Security Office to apply for her number. We have her Certificate of Citizenship as well as a locally issued birth certificate, so we ought to be good to go now for the last series of hoops. Of course, we need the SS# before we can file our income taxes :-), so the pressure is on!

I had a hilarious video to post last week of Elle freaking out about the lazer pointer light, but I cannot get it to load because its too large. Maybe the boys can get her to do it again tonight in a more condensed version... I will post photos later!

No comments: